ACTIVITIES OF THE TRUST
The RV Educational Trust, a Charitable Trust, with an intension to help the downtrodden in the educationally backward rural area, started an Engineering College at Esanthanku, a small hamlet, 8 kms away from the Holy Town, Nagercoil in Kanyakumari District, Tamil Nadu, in the name and style of “Udaya School of Engineering”, in the year 2002-2003. Now the R.V. Educational Trust is running the following six educational institutions in the same village.
- Udaya School of Engineering
- Udaya College of Education
- Udaya Polytechnic College
- Surya Polytechnic College
- Udaya Institute of Polytechnic
- Udaya Arts and Science College.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE TRUST
- To provide world class education in engineering and technology and teacher education to the students of Tamil Nadu and other states.
- To provide opportunity of education in the area of students' choice at a place nearest to their homes so that they get education under the supervision of their parents. Not only this, education in a college near home reduces traveling fatigue and cost of education.
- To provide free education to the poor students under fee waiver scheme.
OTHER PROMOTED ACTIVITIES
The management is very much interested in helping poor students through free education every year. The management is also generous to provide transport facilities to the students. Thirty Seven well conditioned buses have been purchased for the benefit of the day scholar students. A separate Transport Office has been functioning in the college campus. The college buses go to all parts of the District to pick up the students and staff members of these institutions. Moderate monthly bus fare has been charged. Buses have also been sent to very distant places like Trivandrum in Kerala State, which is 80 Kilometres away from the institution, and Vallioor in the neighbouring District, Tirunelveli, for the benefit of the students and staff members. The transport charges are maintained at the same rates even though the fuel cost, vehicle cost and the maintenance cost are increasing periodically. The extra cost of transportation has been met from the management funds.